Boodles unveils new ‘Travel’ collection

Boodles has announced the launch of its new ‘Travel’ collection, inspired by former chairman Anthony Wainwright’s travels in 1962.

The collection focuses on Wainwright’s journey when he visited 10 cities across the world over 16 days, buying diamonds, pearls and precious gemstones.

Boodles said that the collection will include “a selection of one-of-a-kind rings with some of the most extraordinary gemstones we have ever shown”.

Rebecca Hawkins, Boodles head of design, said: “It was lovely to be able to look back at the places Anthony visited, with a view towards taking them as inspiration for pieces. Some had real personal meaning to me. Japan is a country I love: it’s a place I spent time in on my honeymoon. So it became a kind of springboard for one design.

“Anthony went to Kobe and Tokyo, but Kyoto was the place that I remembered most fondly. When I was thinking about my design for the ring, I heard that a wonderful emerald had recently become available and that unique tone of green immediately brought me back to the gardens of Kyoto. So it became a case of bringing those ideas together.”



source https://www.jewelleryfocus.co.uk/204692-boodles-unveils-new-travel-collection

মন্তব্যসমূহ